Wednesday, October 15, 2008

PUMPKIN CARVING FUN

So this past sunday we went over to the Carlings for a pumpkin carving party. Here are some pictures from the day. Oh, and I also have pumpkin carving tips for all of you out there:

Cut the BOTTOM of the pumpkin off, NOT the top! This way, you are not reaching down in the pumpkin to light the candle and burning your hand, AND people stare at your pumpkin wondering how you got all the guts out of it!

Also, when you cut the bottom off, don't cut a smooth circle because that makes it harder to fit the pieces back together so you want to cut some distinctive large jagged grooves so its easy to put the top back on the bottom piece!


Here is Ally sitting amongst the pumkins to be carved



This is Alice, the pumpkin party thrower...I was going to tell her not to cut off the top of the pumpkin but she had done it before I noticed :)



I HATE cleaning out the pumpkins so I asked Nick to scoop out the guts for me!



Here is Ally sampling what pumpkin tastes like. She was not a fan.



Here I am carving the pumpkin...



And here is my finished product! (I didn't have any of those cool pumpkin designs so this is just me winging it)


1 comment:

Jenny said...

what a great idea. i'm going to cut off the bottom next time i carve a pumpkin.

fun pictures.