Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

For Father's Day, I have been making a little slideshow for Samantha's Dad, John. I did this for all the help he was to me during my pregnancy last summer. He helped fix quite a few things around the house and made my life less stressful during a stressful time. How many ex-husbands do that?? It took a long time to get to this point, but I'm so glad we are good friends now.
Anyway, the video started out to be a cute short one, but then as I have been getting baby pictures done of Ally, Samantha commented on how she wished I would have done pictures like that of her when she was a baby. Well, I literally make 5 times what I did when Samantha was a baby. Yes, I was THAT poor and couldn't get as many professional type pictures done, but we did take a lot with our little camera.
So my slide show to John also turned into a tribute to Samantha as well. I made this just as much for Samantha so she would know how much I have love her and how many people love her too. And although I couldn't put the HUNDREDS of pictures I do have of Samantha on it (the video would be way too long and boring for that) I put a few for each year of her life and all the people that have been in her life over the years.

It is 10 minutes long.....I put this on a DVD to give to her dad today. I hope he likes it! And now everyone who visits my blog will get a glimpse into Samantha's life over the years....(p.s. Samantha's dad is a redhead, and anytime you see a redhead in the slideshow, it's someone from HIS family...lol)

For Samantha and John:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is really beautiful. Grea job. What a great Father's Day idea! Did John love it?

Jenny said...

That was really fun to see pictures of Samantha as she grew up. And look at all the fun places you have been! I knew about a few of them, but you have made some great memories. What a nice gift for both of them.

Chill said...

I am so glad I was able to see this. Samantha is so adorable and it was wonderful to see her growing up. She definitely has a life filled with love!

By the way, I am SOOOOO impressed with your video! Seriously, you are awesome!