Sunday, April 6, 2008

too exhuasted to think of a clever title

I've started putting Ally's hair in little pony tails and bows...and she has discovered her thumb...but she sucks it in a funny way :).

Well, it's been quite the while since I've posted last. I have been back to work for 2 weeks now and boy has that been quite the adjustment. My day usually goes as follows.... Alarm clock goes off at 5:50am. I hit snooze til 6:10am...then finally get up at 6:20. (Ally still isn't sleeping through the night...occasionally I get a straight 4 hrs in there), I get ready, then I get Ally up, change her, dress her, nurse her, then load everything up in the car: Ally in her carseat, her diaper bag; diapers, wipes, a change of clothes in case of any mishaps, blanket, burp cloth, previously pumped breast milk, formula in case she is still hungry, and a bottle. Next, my electronic breastpump with a clean bottle to pump into, an ice pack to keep it all cold, 2 bottles of water, one to drink, one to rinse the breast pump horn part thingy after I'm done pumping, my purse, a lunch for me (if i'm doing really good but most of the time I forget) and we are off to drop Ally off to the baby sitters. Then I'm off to work. Get off of work, pick Ally up and her stuff, get home, and now for all the other fun mom stuff...helping Samantha with homework, dishes, laundry, dinner, yardwork etc...needless to say, the non-critical things get set aside for later.
Ally is doing well...Marie (her babysitter) says Ally is a really good baby that hardly ever cries. So I'm happy about that. It's been an adjustment, but we are getting the hang of it ;).

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, Ally is really looking bigger in these pictures. She is an absolute doll! She's going to be such a pretty girl when she grows up. It sounds like your days are busy, busy, busy! Hopefully once the routine sets in, it will get easier.

Sean Dahl said...

Wow. I guess I'll never complain about my (not very busy) schedule, ever again. Kudos to you! And she is looking as cute as a button. Hmm... let's analyze that. A button? Are buttons really cute? I guess so, or someone wouldn't have come up with that cliche'!